Hormonal problems causing infertility are easily diagnosed and effectively treated. In all other cases hormonal therapy is used in a variety of measures used in aiding the fertilization processes (e.g. stimulated oocyte maturation).
How It Works:
- A series of hormonal blood tests are taken (female and male sex hormones, thyroid and adrenal gland hormones).
- The factors that cause hormonal imbalance are eliminated (normalization of the endocrine system’s function, hormone levels).
- Dominant follicle maturation is induced with the help of medication.
- Ovulation is stimulated (induced) with the help of medication.
- The maturation of the ovum is monitored with the help of an ultrasound test in order to determine the best possible time for conception.
- 80-90% patients are able to conceive a child naturally after undergoing hormonal therapy.
- Up to 40% of female infertility cases are caused by hormonal imbalance.